Wednesday, March 28, 2007

You take me back

sometimes i think it's funny... when everybody thinks i'm perfectly okay. hmm.. i look okay, that is. you smile at me, i smile back. you ask for help, i give you a hand. but if you could really see my soul, i feel like i'm not myself lately.

our days are made up of experiences which, most of the time, are found at the extremes. there were moments when i could shout at the top of my lungs that "i'm the queen of the world!" [eh?] but just the same, there are episodes in my life when after giving all of me [or so i thought] to something or someone, i still fall short.

you see, i can accept failure - whether it concerns my family, friends [close ones, usually], events, and even myself. everyone fails at something...at some point in our lives. it's like having a patient heart, an allowance to give each person, as a work in progress just like me.

and i owe it to You. You are that Person who truly cares for me...Someone who sees the pain in my eyes while everyone else still believes in the smile painted on my face. You always take me back. Always. You look beyond my failures and shortcomings. You always had that open arms to welcome me, to embrace me, to lift me up again. and for that, there's one thing i can't accept - not trying...to stand up one more time. always one more time. to show the world that though i fail, You never fail.




Take You Back
Jeremy Camp

The reason why I stand
The answer lies in you
You hung to make me strong
Though my praise was few
When I fall and bring your name down

But I have found in you
A heart that pleads forgiveness
Replacing all these thoughts
Of painful memories
But I know
That your response will always be

*I'll take you back always
And even when your fight is over now
Even when your fight is over now
I'll take you back always
And even when the pain is coming through
Even when the pain is coming through
I'll take you back

You satisfy this cry
Of what I'm looking for
And I take all I can
And lay it down
Before the throne of endless grace, now
That radiates what's true

I'm in the only place
That erases all these faults
That have overtaken me
But I know
That your response will always be

I can only speak
With a grateful heart
As I'm pierced by this gift
Of your love

I will always bring an offering
I can never thank you enough

You'll take me back always
And even when my fight is over now
Even when my fight is over now
You'll take me back always
And even when my pain is coming through
Even when my pain is coming through
You'll take me back always

You'll take me back

1 comment:

Meg said...

hi rache!

Just stumbled upon ur blog... cute, pink weheehe