Friday, September 08, 2006

not me!

I've mentioned in my previous entry that I have been in a season of "missing people." And I still am, though not as strongly as I was the past weeks or so. How come? Haha! Coz I came up with this brilliant plan, which by the way, is the only way I know for now. :) Thanks to Smart and it's unlimited service, I got in touch with my elementary and high school friends, and asked them how they were doing, especially now that we're in our graduating year (well, most of us are, hopefully). Some responded, some did not. And of those who did, some openly shared, while others were unexpectedly reluctant. Whew! We're talking of almost four years of physical disconnection here. I was kinda relieved, finally hearing stories and updates about them. But then I had a feeling of discontent. I knew there's more that I can do than just react to what they had to say. And it dawned on me.

My Father whispered in my ears, "Ask them what they need."

"I beg Your pardon, Your Majesty? I? Ask them what they need?" I asked surprisingly.

"Certainly. Why the hesitation, my child?" He asked back.

My heart went still and quiet for a while. Then I answered, "They may tell me what they need or want, but what answers and solutions can I give them?"

And with an assuring voice He spoke, "You are My instrument, you see."

I can't believe I was too slow. It was "in my face." Either I was blind, deaf, numb, or I doubted what I already knew. Certainly, I do not have the power to grant what they need or want. I am as helpless as they are.

That's why we have a great God. At His word, it is done. It was a simple task He was asking of me, His servant. "Ask them, and pray for them and their concerns. Tell me about them, don't keep it t yourself." And so I did. They told me about their requests, others in an instant, others were just as surprised as I was. What do you expect? This was probably the first time they heard me ask of it from them. Wheee!

Oh! I did not tell you about this for nothing. I'm here to inform you that some of the prayers were already answered. One of them is now well from fever; the other just received the results of her midterm exams, which was favorable, she said so; while another with her groupmates did presented their "crammed" report excellently, far better than the others did. Amazing... :) These past few days are quite unusual, but I hope I get used to it. Prayer requests are flooding in from friends, you know. Hehe!

By the way, I'm not in any right to claim the praise for these answered prayers. The power does not lie in the one who's uttering the prayers. Nor does it lie on the intensity of one's prayer. I remember a line about prayer that I still hold dear, and I paraphrase,

"THE POWER OF PRAYER LIES IN THE ONE WHO HEARS THE PRAYER."

I guess that's it. Need I expound? Na-ah. I hope you got the message clear.
Now, my King, let's hear more of them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ate rache! haha, update mo na yang link ko sa blog mo. matagal nang wala yan eh.

warrior_princess said...

hehe ano na ba blogsite mo? miss na kita dear! ;p

Tish said...

Hi Rache :)